As you may know by now, I find great joy in using things up. I also find that it’s one of the most eco-friendly things that you can do — buy a product you love, use it ALL up, dispose of it responsibly, repeat. Opposed to: buy a product, use half of it, let it sit in your drawer, buy 3 different replacements that you think may be better, and ultimately end up with 4 versions of the same product that go bad and get thrown away.
Note: I plan on writing a post about the best ways to recycle beauty product packaging but the general summary is that for products that aren’t package free or curbside recyclable, I TerraCycle (for free!) with this program.
Without further ado, here are the products I always use to the last drop.
- Winky Lux Matcha Balm — Subtle vanilla scent, gorgeous packaging, and light texture. I’m on my third tube and that NEVER happens with lip balm.
- Arches & Halos brow pencil — Ever since I stopped getting my eyebrows threaded, this has been my go-to for filling in wonky areas.
- Glossier Generation G in Leo — The perfect “my lips but better” shade.
- Briogeo Scalp Revival — The only solution for my dry scalp/dandruff.
- Lush Soak and Float — I use this in conjunction with the scalp scrub. This is my favorite shampoo (bottled or without packaging). And, it lasts me about 6 months.
- Lush Sympathy for the Skin — The best smelling lotion ever. And not too thick or sticky. This banana/vanilla scented lotion sinks right in.
- KBShimmer Oh Splat nail polish — I almost always get my nails done but if I’m doing it at home, this is my go-to because it’s so fun AND forgiving. It makes it so easy to make your nails look professionally done.
- Dazzle Dry matte top coat — Love topping off Oh Splat with this 5-minute dry topcoat. I particularly love the matte finish. The regular topcoat is great too!
- Herbivore Phoenix Oil — On my second bottle of this. A few drops of this every night has my face glowing. It is pricey but it’s the only “moisturizer” I use and lasts a year. Bonus: recyclable glass bottle.
- Differin gel — My holy grail to keep my skin breakout + wrinkle-free. The larger tube lasts me about a year.